….that have me worried for society.
1. The negative reactions to Netflix offering unlimited time off for new parents. What the heck, people? If you don’t work for Netflix, and you don’t want them to have so much time off, too bad. If you do, and you don’t want to take that much time off, don’t. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking time off of work to be a parent, and something very wrong for judging those who do.
2. The novel For Such a Time. That it exists at all, that it won two awards, and that it is popular. Abusive relationships don’t make for romantic stories. Using the Holocaust as Christian propaganda is wrong.
3. The attempt to defund Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood isn’t an abortion factory. It is an organization that provides women’s health services as well as STD testing, contraceptive services, cancer screening, reproductive health services, as well as children’s health services. What on earth are folks so afraid of that they feel the need to prevent [women’s] access to basic healthcare? Yes, they do provide abortions, but that just leads us to…
4. The war on women. Stop trying to control my body. Stop telling me what I should or should not do with my body. Stop taking away my legal rights just because I am pregnant. Stop, stop, stop.
5. The GOP debates. This country is made up of a whole lot of people who are not Christian. Who are not men. Who are not white. Why on earth has the republican political machine decided that excluding, ignoring, and outright insulting the voices of minorities, women, non-Christians etc, is a good idea?
The message: Now is the time to speak up, educate yourself, and fight apathy. Doing nothing is not going to cut it. Vote.
Hey, if you disagree with me, fine. You can vote differently than I do. I’m just saying, don’t do nothing.